Sunday, November 6, 2011

freeze ahead smoothies



{this is my gluten-free life}

it's been awhile since I blogged about all things gluten-free, so the next few days I'll be doing exactly that...

you've seen freeze ahead meals & freeze ahead crock pot meals, what about freeze ahead smoothies ?  they're handy to have in the freezer for a quick & easy breakfast & practical because they use up fresh fruit before it goes bad

this is one of my favorite smoothie recipes:
1 frozen banana
1.5 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup soy milk

I cut up the fresh fruit & spread it out in a gallon size Ziploc bag. I don't want the fruit to freeze in a clump, so I lay the bag flat in the freezer. then when I want a smoothie I dump the frozen fruit in the blender & add 1 cup soy milk & voila breakfast is served :)

btw, I prefer to write the whole recipe & directions right on the Ziploc bag...

see you tomorrow for more gluten-free living...