Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fabric Stash Storage Shelf

 Yesterday I organized my paper pattern pieces and today I tackled my fabric stash. I can't believe how much faster and better it went then I thought it would. Considering how quickly it went, I really should have done this much sooner!

So here's the story about this shelf… I bought it at a flea market

It got painted white
 It was filled with toys and materials for my daughter (who used to be in part-time school) and would have her space while we both worked/played in my sewing studio.
 Then my daughter started full-time school (sniff, sniff) and my fabrics began to take over the shelf. This is what it looked like this morning.
 I took those fabrics as well as some in a mesh container and the fabrics that were sitting on top of the piano and I reorganized them.
 And here is how the fabric storage shelf looks this afternoon.
Much better!

I still have to figure out what to do with some fabric scraps, but that will be for another day. How do you store your fabric scraps? Also what do you do with your fabric scraps?

On top of the shelf are my sewing projects I have planned for Kids Clothes Week October 21-27. Will you be taking part in KCW? If so, have you been planning?